While some of us look for reindeer in the skies on Christmas Eve, others look for snow. Ultimately, the enchantment and joy of the holidays stem from the sparkling snowflakes and the serene expanse of pristine white on the earth.
We wanted to grant your desire to have a white Christmas this holiday season. Even with the assistance of some very special elves, we are unable to control the weather, but we can tell you that in the USA, the finest spots to spend Christmas are when there's a decent probability of snowfall, either on the ground or in the sky.
Oh, how much fun it is to get into the holiday spirit with our recommendations! Take a vacation to one of these snowy wonderlands over the Christmas season!
1. Aspen, Colorado
Aspen promises you a happy little Christmas with a 100 percent likelihood of snowfall and an almost flawless white Christmas record.
At Ullr Nights, honor the Norse God of Snow with snow tubing, bonfires, and Ullr's ghost ship.
Twelve Days of Aspen is a countdown to Christmas, with festivities taking place around the area.
Join the carolers at Base Village and Snowmass Mall's Santa's Village.
2. Lake Placid, New York
December brings an average of 23 inches of snow to Lake Placid, increasing the likelihood of a chilly Christmas in the Adirondacks. It makes sense that it's among the top destinations for Christmas tourism.
Observe how Main Street decks the halls by taking part in the village stroll.
Get a free lift ticket at Whiteface Mountain by dressing like Santa.
At the Olympic Sports Complex, brave the tracks in a bobsled.
3. Mammoth Lakes, California
Mammoth Lakes has average lows of 17 degrees Fahrenheit in December, which makes for perfect weather. Let there be snow—plenty and lots of it!
Enjoy the breathtaking Village Gondola ride during the Night of Lights while fireworks are displayed.
Join in the massive holiday celebrations.
Take the Tamarack XC Ski Center December Full Moon Snowshoe Tour.
4. Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota
Given that there is snow on the ground three out of every four Christmases in the Twin Cities, the likelihood of flurries appears to be bright and cheerful.
Enjoy a visit with Santa and take in the lit artwork at Loring Park during Holidazzle.
Get in character as Kris Kringle at St. Paul Lowertown SantaCon.
See the decorations at the Minnesota Governor's Mansion during the holiday tour season.
5. Anchorage, Alaska
Go to Anchorage if you want to see the ground blanketed with snow when you wake up on Christmas morning. There have been 31 straight snowy Christmases in this city!
- Take a stroll around the Zoo Lights-lit animal exhibits at the Alaska Zoo.
- Take in the ice formations at Holiday Lights in the Garden while sipping hot chocolate.
- See "A Christmas Carol" at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts while curled up inside.
6. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
You could be granted your dream of a snowy Christmas because December temperatures in Jackson Hole can drop as low as 7 degrees Fahrenheit.
Embrace the festive spirit.
- On Christmas Eve, look out for Santa as he skis the slopes at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
- At Wort Hotel's 12 Days of Christmas, decorate cookies and sport your craziest holiday sweater.
- Enjoy some festive fare while circling the Teton Village Ice Rink.
7. Lake Tahoe, California
It usually gets as low as 24 degrees F in Lake Tahoe, so keep shaking that snow globe! It's difficult to find a more whimsical Christmas scene than Tahoe covered in a new layer of snow.
- Take a trip on a Borges sleigh and trot along the route that connects the village and Merry Wonderland.
- Warm up indoors and see Olympic Village Lodge's production of "Twisted Nutcracker and the Tale of the Rat King."
- Enjoy the festivities at the Heavenly Holidays Family Festival.