Good morning beautiful people. This is not a video tutorial on how to braid your own hair but just a few tips that can keep you going while braiding your own hair.
It all happened this way. I called in to book an appointment, only to get a message that the lady who started making my hair recently was travelling out of the country. She requested to introduce me to another lady, but I wasn't really sure if I would like the way she makes hair, tho I haven't even reached out to the lady.
I waved it off and started seeing a movie, suddenly I felt an urge to try braiding my hair by myself. I got up, took the necessary items needed, parted my hair into sessions and started braiding.
Here are simple tips you need to know, which will help you braid your own hair.
Let me start by saying this, patience is a virtue, so you need to be patient.
1. Make sure you have enough braiding extensions. This is very important because, at the back of my hair, I started using other extension types because the one I used at large wasn't enough.
2. Part into sessions
If you do not part your hair into sessions, it becomes more difficult to braid a particular area and the hair ends up being so rough. Dividing your hair into smaller sessions for a start is the best way to obtain neat braids for beginners.
3. Use products that can make your hair softer and easy to grab.
I straightened my hair with a heated hair straightener. If you do not like this method you can use another protective method. I applied gel and coconut oil.
4. Watch youtube videos to understand how to grab your hair, tho that did not really help me because at the end of the day you just need to understand that part yourself.
5. Do not rush it. I know it is your first time braiding your own hair and you really want to see the finished look, rushing the braids isn't the best way to encourage yourself to braid your hair by yourself because if it doesn't look so good you might not want to try doing it again.
6. Rest when you feel like. You start feeling pains after a while because you are lifting your hands for a long time. Just rest and continue.
So, I got my finished looked and I have been rocking my braids. It is not the best, but I am happy with the outcome. Have you tried braiding your own hair? let me know in the comment session below.