The Port of Odessa or Odessa Marine Trade Port (Ukrainian: Одеський морський торговельний порт, Odes'kyi morskyi torhovelnyi port) — located near Odessa — is the largest Ukrainian seaport and one of the largest ports in the Black Sea basin, with a total annual traffic capacity of 40 million tonnes (15 million tonnes dry bulk and 25 million tonnes liquid bulk). The port has an immediate access to railways allowing quick transfer of cargo from sea routes to ground transportation. Along with its younger satellite ports of Chornomorsk (1958) and Yuzhne (1973), port of Odessa is a major freight and passenger transportation hub of Ukraine.
The port is located at the western shores of the Odessa Bay. It consists of several harbors which are divided one from another by a number of jetties, while the port itself is screen off from the open sea by few long breakwaters located in the Odessa Bay. Just around the southern jetty (Karantyny) located a passenger terminal with a multi-story hotel at the Nova jetty. Towards the middle there is a Ship Maintenance Factory "Ukraina". At the northern portion are located grain and main oil terminals, while at the southern there is a smaller oil terminal amid container loading quays.
Church of St. Nicholas: Today the port of Odessa is the largest international port with the most modern and largest in Ukraine Sea Terminal. The port today operates large international cruise ships as tall as the building of the port. The Odessa Sea Port is a perfect combination of glass and metal. On the territory of the seaport buildings there is a yacht, a four star hotel "Odessa", the Church of St. Nicholas, concert and exhibition halls.
Laokoon: The sculptural ensemble of Laokoon is located in front of the archeological museum. Laokoon is the Greek pagan priest. He didn't please the sea god Poseidon who sent snakes upon him and his sons... The famous painting "Laokoon" by El Greco is in the museum of Washington now, there's the sculpture of Laokoon in Vatican. Odessa sculpture is its copy.
The Odessa Archaeological Museum is one of the oldest archaeological museums in Ukraine. It was founded in 1825; the current museum building was completed in 1883.
Since 1997, the Odessa Archeological Museum has functioned not only as a museum but also as an institute for scientific research into the archeology of primitive society in the Northern Black Sea region and the archeology of the Middle Ages. The museum conducts expositions, restorations and publishing activities.
The museums has a collection size of more than 160,000: archeological finds from the northern Black Sea region, the largest collection in Ukraine of Ancient Egyptian sarcophagi, stone slabs with hieroglyphics and fragments of papyrus, Ancient Greek and Ancient Roman exhibits. The museum is also famous for its collection of coins and medals. There are over 50,000 coins in the museum treasury from Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, the Byzantine Empire, Ancient Kievan Rus and coins of the Russian Empire from the Romanovs' dynasty. A few years ago the Leventis Foundation of Cyprus funded the new Greek and Cypriote gallery at the museum; because of the large number of Greeks in Odessa in the 19th century, the museum has rich collections of material from both areas.
The museum's address is 4 Lanzheronovskaya Street, 65026, Odessa, Ukraine
The frontage features two large statues depicting Ceres and Mercury in their roles as the goddess of agriculture and the god of trade respectively, marking the buildings original purpose as an Exchange.
Every half-hour, the clock above the entrance chimes the melody "Odessa my town" (the same tune greeting incoming trains at the Odessa Train Station). This is from the operetta White Acacia by the Soviet composer Isaac Dunayevsky.