If you are following you must have seen the (Lookbook 1) for denim spring outfit ideas and so this is the Look book 2, and I am super excited to share with you about the best way to take care of your denim. We all know that Denim comes in different textures, so the hardness may defer, but in general let me give you the basic tips on how to care for your denim.
I had some issues taking care of my denim and clothing's because I wash both new and old clothes in the washing machine and it reduces the quality, making me hate the cloth.
Firstly I would like to start by saying that, buying the proper size of denim for your body size helps in extending the life span of the jeans. Keep your denim on rotations, buy jeans you really love so you can wear all of them.
1) Read the instructions in the label inside the denim.
2) Do not Dry clean your denim
3) Wash deep colored denim with other deep colored denim, don't mix them.
4) Turn your denim inside out before washing, to reduce friction on the main surface and fade out,
5) Brushing your denim is a way of washing them, use soft brush to reduce friction .Do not use hard detergents when washing your denim.
6) Hang dry your jeans to prevent wrinkles, Turn inside out, zip the button and then hang it
I have seen people saying putting the denim in freezer kills the bacterial and removes smells and socking it in coffee restores the color. I have not tried doing the freezer and coffee method but what do you think about it?
Finally do not forget that denim will definitely fade out, how you care for it will depend on how long it will take before fading out.
Outfit details :
Denim jumpsuit : Sammydress
Sunglasses : Zero uv
Shoes : Braska
Pocket Square : Bows N Ties
Makeup and hair by Chioma and Evg photos Find her on Instagram